Europe & Middle East
Latin America & Caribbean
1. Clean and pin bone the ocean trout, leaving the skin on. Rub virgin olive oil and sea salt over the ocean trout.
2. To prepare your glaze, mix 4 tbsp cranberry sauce with 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp virgin olive oil. Place in a small pot over medium heat and reduce until thickened, about 6 minutes. Finally stir in the remaining 2 tbsp of cranberry sauce, and leave to one side to cool before brushing on your ocean trout.
3. Preheat your oven to 190c (180c fan-forced). On a baking tray, prepare tin foil and baking paper (on top of tin foil) to wrap over your ocean trout. Place the piece of ocean trout on the lined baking paper, brush on generously the prepared glaze, leaving ⅓ of the glaze for later use. Wrap the ocean trout and bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. In the meantime, prepare your shaved fennel salad by cutting the fennel bulb in half, remove the centre stalk and shave your fennel on your mandoline in the thinnest setting possible. In a small mixing bowl, place shaved fennel along with 1 tbsp of virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and season with sea salt.
5. To finish off your ocean trout, unwrap your trout, keeping it on the tray. Brush on the remaining glaze and put under the grill for 5 minutes.
6. To serve, place the baked ocean trout on a platter, spooning on some of the juices, and top with the shaved fennel salad.
Recipe by @jimmywongeats
Your recipe rating has been submitted.
The recipe has been shared.
Strictly necessary / Essential cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website. If you block these cookies, then these functions and services will unfortunately not work for you. We won’t even be able to save your preferences about cookies.
Analytical/ Performance cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.