Europe & Middle East
Latin America & Caribbean
1. Prepare a square 20x20cm baking tin with non-stick paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (160c fan forced).
2. Make the SHORTBREAD BASE: mix all ingredients together until a dough forms. Press into an even layer into baking tin, and use a fork to poke holes in it. Bake the Base for 12 minutes until golden. Remove and place in refrigerator and remove when cool.
3. Make the NUTTY CRAISIN LAYER: In a large bowl, combine the nuts, Craisins(R), maple syrup and tahini until all the nuts are coated in syrup. Gently pour onto shortbread base, and spread evenly.
4. Make the TAHINI DRIZZLE: In another bowl, mix the maple syrup & tahini together until smooth. Drizzle over the entire slice.
5. Bake in the oven for another 15-18 minutes until the nuts are nicely toasted.
6. Remove from oven and fully cool before slicing. (The caramel will firm up as it cools down.)
Recipe by @run2food
Your recipe rating has been submitted.
The recipe has been shared.
Strictly necessary / Essential cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website. If you block these cookies, then these functions and services will unfortunately not work for you. We won’t even be able to save your preferences about cookies.
Analytical/ Performance cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.