Europe & Middle East
Latin America & Caribbean
1. For the cranberry syrup, place Ocean Spray® Cranberry Classic™ Juice Drink and sugar into a pot over medium heat. Stir until mixture is reduced by half.
2. For the cranberry ganache, add cream to cranberry syrup mixture, and bring to a light simmer.
3. Remove from heat and pour mixture over the chocolate in a mixing bowl.
4. Stir continuously until mixture is silky and smooth. (TIP: For a glossy ganache, add a teaspoon of butter to mixture)
5. To create the sponge, add the eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
6. Add butter and salt and continue to beat until fully mixed.
7. Pour mixture into lined cake tin and place into 180°C oven for 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
8. Turn sponge onto cake rack and allow to cool.
9. For the chocolate icing, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a heat-proof bowl.
10. Add in milk and butter and stir to combine.
11.Microwave the mixture for 15 seconds and stir again.
12. Repeat step 11 until mixture is smooth and completely combined.
13. To create the lamingtons, cut the sponge into the desired shape (usually cubes), then slice in half lengthways.
14. Layer the ganache onto one side of the sponge then place other piece of sponge on top to create a sandwich.
15. Dip sandwiched sponge into chocolate icing mixture and coat completely.
16. Roll each lamington in desiccated coconut and decorate as desired.
Your recipe rating has been submitted.
The recipe has been shared.
Strictly necessary / Essential cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website. If you block these cookies, then these functions and services will unfortunately not work for you. We won’t even be able to save your preferences about cookies.
Analytical/ Performance cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.