Bourbon Cranberry and White Chocolate Christmas Pudding
3 hr 30 minutes
220g brown sugar
250ml stout beer
170g Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
150ml Ocean Spray® Cranberry Classic™ Juice Drink
100g candied ginger
100g mixed peel
Rind of 1 orange, finely grated
175g Granny Smith apple, grated
150g white chocolate buttons
3 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ tsp dried ginger
¼ tsp cinnamon
Extra butter for greasing pudding dishes
Custard and vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place butter, brown sugar, stout, Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries, Ocean Spray® Cranberry Classic™ Juice Drink, candied ginger, mixed peel and orange rind into a large pot over low heat.
3. Stir ingredients until butter is melted then remove from heat.
4. Add in breadcrumbs, apple, white chocolate, bourbon, eggs, dried ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold all ingredients together until completely combined.
5. Prepare 12 small (3/4 cup) pudding dishes (or any heatproof dish of a similar size), greasing with extra butter.
6. Spoon mixture into pudding dishes, allowing 1cm of space at the top for the pudding to rise.
7. Place a piece of baking paper over each dish and secure tightly with string. Repeat with aluminium foil, ensuring the string secures each dish as tightly as possible.
8. Place the pudding dishes in the base of a large baking tray. Pour enough boiling water into the large tray to reach halfway up the sides of the pudding dishes.
9. Bake for 3 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
10. Remove from heat and allow to rest for another 15 minutes before turning onto a plate.
11. Serve immediately with custard and vanilla ice cream, if desired.